Search This Blog

Thursday, August 25, 2011

ANOTHER SCOOP - YOUTH NOT AN ITEM FOR THE "ITEM"

RICK "Sponge Bob ain't got nothin on me "STARBARD, LSC member, was manning the grill, hot dogs and hamburgers were flying off the grill. RICK had the wrist action of an accomplished tailgater. GARDY JEAN-FRANSCOIS (MAYOR KENNEDY'S AIDE) got a temporary tattoo that gave him immediate street creds. That dragon was scary.

The big cookout/family fun day/fundraiser was put on by RICK STARBARD at the Lynn Museum for LYSOA.Inc. ran by ANTONIO GUTIERREZ and TERESA VONGSA. My son gave a glowing review of the tastiness of the entrees. Everyone was served a nightcap of ice cream that melted in your mouth (Isn't that's what ice cream supposed to do?).

MAYOR KENNEDY showed up showing her support for all the youth of Lynn (Hey she got her name mentioned twice - power of incumbency). LSC member MARIA CARRASCO showed up just in time to educate my son on he art of a good handshake. Looking fine and smelling good, DELORES "THE CANDIDATE" FOR LSC, dropped in just before heading out to her own fundraiser to offer her support for the important work that ANTONIO and TERESA do.

My man, CEF "CEF FOR SURE" ROSA - CANDIDATE FOR COUNCILMAN WARD 4, came right after I left which made me both GLAD that he showed up demonstrating his deep concern for the youth of our fine city and SAD that I forgot to stick around after I stressed the importance of him attending.

I understand that the ITEM was extended an invitation but failed to show. No matter, the WATCH was there. I mean the only advantage the ITEM has over the WATCH is that when you are done reading the ITEM you can line your bird cage with it.

4 comments:

  1. 90% of life is just showing up. Thanks for the recent updates of who showed up. I think it's important. You do seem to assume a lot about the reasons for those who don't show up though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. EP you are full of wisdom, not just a wrinkled piece of fruit. I TRY to leave the assumptions up to the reader.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who put's in more work/time than Rick Starbard? He really takes his job serious. As a parent of 2 Lynn school students (Ingalls) I'm glad to support him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The WATCH agrees with you but I will go farther. While I am not in 100% agreement with evey position Rick takes and I KNOW HE THINKS I AM A BIT EXTREME in my anti-administration positions, still he remains a charter member of this publication, availing himself of all views. That openness is a sign of wisdom. RICK is NOT afraid of work and his practical sensybilities are what make him a vital and important candidate.

    ReplyDelete