Search This Blog

Saturday, July 23, 2011

PARTY OVER HERE

Lynn Public Schools was well represented today at the Dominican Festival at the North Shore Navigators game at Fraser Field. LSC member MARIA CARRASCO, LSC chairperson MAYOR JUDY F. KENNEDY, and PAC parent liaison FRANCES MARTINEZ rocked the mike in the pre-game introduction of dignitaries. I couldn't have done that. I guess that makes her so much more qualified than me dealing with the concerns of special needs students.

I saw CLAY WALSH, councilor-at-large candidate at McDonald's before he game and was told by a mutual friend he was going to go over there but wanted to eat first because they didn't think there would be ANY FOOD there. Sounds like an insult to me. I never heard his name announced, Maybe nobody knew the Spanish translation for "CLAY". I don't know they could have used a similar word like DIRT.

5 comments:

  1. I usually have to eat before I go somewhere. I've been vegetarian 20 yrs and I've been unable to have gluten (in wheat, barley, rye) for about two years.

    It always concerns me that people think I'm rude when I have to refuse food I'm offered, but I just can't have most of it, and I have to know everything that's in it!

    Of course, that means I can't eat at McD's, either..

    But I can understand eating somewhere first if one isn't sure if they'll have food..

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is understandable if someone has dietary concerns, diet is key to health. It just seemed like a stupid thing for a "seasoned" politician to say. It turns out that a confidant of Mr Walsh accused me of continuing to spread lies about him. Evidently they thought I was going to Lynn Woods where they were going and I thought they were going to the Dominican festival where I was going. Honest mistake on my part, the Mayor was there and even spoke eloquently in Spanish. Last I heard Latin people can vote too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. While Steve here turns this into a Walsh-McDonalds Fiaso, the rest of us will be celebrating on the 'Sail for Change' August 22. 2011. see electwalsh.com for more info.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There seems to be a strange addiction to "banter" here. Does anybody notice a pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how the Dirt supporters can't even sign on with there real names - nice friends, Clay, to come out and support you publically. But what do I know - I'm just a mean girl. >p

    Did anyone else notice that Amazon is recommending the book "Jailbait" with this article?

    ReplyDelete