Search This Blog

Thursday, July 14, 2011

DO I GET A BADGE?

Well, I guess it is official. After hearing that my name was brought up before council Tuesday night, I received a letter of appointment to the LYNN DISABILITY COMMISSION from Mayor Kennedy. I'd like to thank her for her confidence in me and I want to assure her that I intend to work to make this commission one that the city can be proud of.

Between this and my election to TREASURER of SPED/PAC, I should be in a good position to fight for the full educational rights of all the students with disabilities, not just the poor ones who write poetry.

About that badge, I really want one. I even came up with a design: a wheelchair with crutches crossed like swords underneath.

1 comment:

  1. Hey did you hear that Lynn PAC's Chairperson, Dave Ellis, was appointed by the Mayor to his old post of Head of Water and Sewer? I'm sure there is another title but I forget. Mayor Kennedy is sure elevating a lot of our Special people.

    ReplyDelete