Search This Blog

Friday, July 29, 2011

DOLLAR DAZE - ALL ABOARD, THE GRAVY TRAIN IS LEAVING THE STATION

We spend about $200,000 a year for a Director ($111,371) and for an Asst. Director ($89,800) of curriculum and instruction. Why do we need all that amount of supervision an direction? I mean what do principals do? How many students do these people have contact with? How many student yearbooks will they sign? I say split the responsibilities of the Director and Asst. Director among other people and put the $200,000 toward direct services. Oh I forgot, these position are funded by GRANTS and you can only spend it on certain things. I guess your job security is tied to some one's ability to keep the gravy train rolling.

LYNN, LYNN, CITY OF FRIENDS.

2 comments:

  1. The grants are for specific programs or populations - I don't know of any grants for director positions. It certainly should be looked into!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Mary, I don't know nothing. I just a poet. Stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete