Search This Blog

Sunday, July 10, 2011

DOLLAR DAZE - THE PRICE OF PARENTAL INVOLVEMENT

As part of last week's "Paradis Parade" (I love saying that, the feel of your tongue bouncing off your teeth) we were treated to an excellent and thorough annual report by the GAC-PAC (they are with LVTI). They seem to be the SPED-PAC's big brother. Funny though I don't see them on the LPS web site, why?

At the conclusion of the report, they had a very detailed wish list. So detailed in fact, a lot of people were getting nervous, asking for clarification that it WAS A WISH LIST.(My Dad always says - You can't tell anybody how to spend their money or raise their kids, then he proceeds to do both). Tensions were eased when everyone was reassured that that's what it truly was and some further information was given how they spent the PERKINS grant money.

I was jealous of how together the GAC-PAC was We at SPED-PAC must be in our relative infancy. We have a lot to learn from our big brother (It just so happens that the head of GAC-PAC who gave the report is my son's Jimmy Fund baseball coach - small world). One of the things I hope to learn is if they are budgeted some $900 or so to conduct the business of their PAC and how they spent it. As newly elected treasurer of SPED-PAC, I am always looking for ideas.


WHO SAYS PARENT'S DON'T WANT TO GET INVOLVED?

1 comment:

  1. I think we SPED PACers should take a field trip. And I believe that the SPED PAC is the only mandated PAC, I also know that it's been around for many, many years. It's not in it's infancy it just meets a lot a resistance.

    ReplyDelete