Search This Blog

Monday, July 11, 2011

DOLLAR DAZE - PENNY WISE, POUND FOOLISH

We have such a state of the art facility at LVTI, it just blows my mind that we don't capitalize on it. Enrollment is down/ That means it is the perfect time to open its enrollment up to other districts. Since those districts would have to pay for their students to attend LVTI could be a MONEYMAKER without anyone having to shake theirs.

THIS NOT A NEW IDEA BUT THESE ARE DOLLAR DAZE, TIME TO LOOK AT EVERYTHING FINANCIAL.

LSC member RICK STARBARD this idea a few meetings ago and was kind of shot down because LVTI was not a REGIONAL FACILITY. My BFF called the DOE as is prone to do and I think they said we could even open up only a single class if we wanted to. Now my BFF is not a lawyer, she is just a lovable pit bull.

WHEN LIFE HANDS YOU LEMONS, MAKE LEMONADE.

1 comment:

  1. I'm loveable?

    Yes Rick brought this up several meetings ago and Dr. Super's lawyer Mihos said that we cannot open up just one school. This is in fact incorrect. I called DOE (as did Rick) and found out that a school district can, if it so chooses, open up just one seat, in just one school.

    Mihos got it wrong. Why? I've heard rumors that someone in administration has it out for LVTI and wants to pull down enrollment to show that it's not working and close it. But that cannot be true - can it?

    I also brought this same issue up at open mike - I pointed out that the School Committee was given misinformation about the opening up of LVTI (at the same time I pointed out that the Secretary of the School Committee is repeatedly posting the meetings incorrectly) but I'm not sure anyone heard me. Mikes must not have been working.

    ReplyDelete