Search This Blog

Thursday, June 25, 2015

WHO'S WORTH SAVING?

Went to the FORD SCHOOL MOVING UP ceremony. Always good to see kids progressing to the next step in their educational journey. I have to tell you though there were  few things that disturbed me. There were a couple of incidences of  DISRESPECT. One was the interruption of the song right after the PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE. I won't mention the other one out of my respect for that individual but suffice it do say no one person has had more impact on the EDUCATIONAL lives of those graduating FIFTH graders.

Then there was the HYPOCRISY of choosing an R. KELLY  song as a closing song. As the parent who sat behind me said, "I love R.KELLY but giving his past with young girls and videotape, not really an appropriate choice." I kept looking over my shoulder to look for CHUCK, the moral compass of LPS to throw himself on the microphone to save the students but I guess he feels some students aren't wort saving.

2 comments:

  1. Did they set up chairs for everone. I heard differently. Would have come, but had a doc appt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There were chairs but not for everyone. Needed to have got there early. I forgot to talk about the possibly parent purchase bleachers that were taken from there and placed at MARSHALL.

    ReplyDelete