Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

DOLLAR DAZE IV - THE MONEY MESS AT LPS

I almost feel like I am arguing against myself sometimes. You see the FINANCIAL FICKLE at LPSis two fold. First the city of LYNN is not providing a LARGE enough contribution as mandated by MASSACHUSETTS GENERAL LAW hence the NET SCHOOL SPENDING debacle. Here in some ways I agree with the MAYOR. The formula is too complicated and doesn't reflect the need for cities to build new schools. Believe me LYNN is not alone in this need. Sorry MAYOR, all of the other URBAN districts are meeting their obligations BROCKTON may or may not be suing but they're still paying while they are deciding what they are doing.You may be using one but your FISCAL CHICKEN is not finger-lickin' good!

Then there is the other problem. It's how they spend what they do get. Hard to generate much sympathy. "Please sir, give us more" when they mismanage what they got. Bad choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment