Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

DANGEROUS TIMES DON'T CALL FOR A DANGEROUS MIND

Thanks to my brain injury I've had to look through eyes where my world is constantly spinning. My Mom accurately described it to my neuropthamologist once as being like having to watch TV with the picture constantly rolling. As crazy as it sounds, in many ways it's been a blessing.

It has taught me how to straighten out the picture when someone starts spinning the story. See, you just pick a point, latch on and use it as a reference point to begin to map out your navigation through the facts. When it comes to the analysis of the the STATE OF THE CITY my mind just wants to latch on to the $16 MILLION DOLLARS or so the DESE says we owe our schools.

I know the MAYOR's people say different but they aren't the ones writing the check. The LEGISLATIVE FIX of last year ain't going to save us, our problems are too fundamentally deep. I would hazard a guess that's why we are ignoring complying with it and engaging in a game of FISCAL CHICKEN with the state.

"YOU WON'T TAKE US OVER, WE GOT TOO MANY PROBLEMS!"

Sorry MAYOR, the problem is not the solution.

No comments:

Post a Comment