Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

SAME OLD SONG BUT LOOKING TO CHANGE THE TUNE

Can you hear me? I'm doing my best FRANKIE VALLIE impression singing "OH WHAT A NIGHT...:".The evening started with a DATE with my FIRST LADY the MAYOR. I got there at the library to wait in line to insure I got my traditional seat in the front row center, over one seat to the right. I felt the excitement just like when a NEW Apple phone is being debuted.

Turns out there wasn't quite the crowd, in fact probably less than twenty if we count the MAYOR and her CHIEF OF STAFF. I was hoping my early arrival would count for something and unlike last year I wouldn't be the subject of a conscious avoidance (Hey that's not my call it's what some stranger put on FACEBOOK). As it happened though I was the last one called on I think after several promises to get to me. Of course I wanted to redirect everyone's attention to the GRAVITY of the 16 MILLION DOLLAR debt the city is going to be saddled with as a result of the NSS snafu.

Her attempt at resolution is to hold choir practice with LT. GOV KAREN POLITO after I believe the fiscal year is up betting that the laws won't apply to us because we are so special. I am sure she will find sympathy from KAREN but guess what KAREN can do JACK.

JUDY completely ignored the letter from the DESE I have being circulating around swearing that it doesn't really say what everyone else thinks. I was assured they weren't ignoring it they just weren't doing what they were asking for. I asked why no other urban city has the problems LYNN has and that only 3 other districts in the state have a problem with NSS. Of course she said the figures being circulated out there were wrong (Sorry LORI) and  that BROCKTON was looking to file a lawsuit against the state for the way they calculate NSS. She did mention we might consider it too. Well she does have a record of winning suits costing tens of thousands of dollars regarding how much the former MAYOR was paid, winnng it then almost doubling hers and the council's salary above what the old Mayor made and then working out some NEW formula so no one would have to pay back what her lawsuit had successfully shown that they had been overpaid. Instead she drove the same bus over REFUGEES in general since there weren't enough UNACCOMPANIED MINORS coming in now to make a good speed bump.

Sitting quietly in the audience was LSC CANDIDATE JARED NICHOLSON observing before turming in to the best educated cab driver you ever did see. Even with those two IVY LEAGUE degrees he found room in his car to shuttle me and TRIPPY to that other LSC CANDIDATE MICHEAL OUK'S FUNDRAISER.

Click for Options

It was nice to see LSC CANDIDATE NATASHA M&M, LSC MEMBER MARIA CARRASCO and have HUGS WITH HONG, not too mention evidently TRIPPY'S reputation preceded him because despite the fact he filled up on the food, a to-go plate was presented to him as a going away present!

Click for Options

1 comment:

  1. According to the Mayor, everyone and everything are wrong (school committee members, Kevin McHugh, state law, DESE, state data and compliance reports) and everything she says and does is right. And Brockton may be looking to file a lawsuit against the state, but they exceeded their net school spending requirement in FY14 and are expected to meet 98.8% of the FY15 requirement. Oh wait, I forgot, that June 2 compliance report from the DESE is wrong.

    ReplyDelete