Search This Blog

Friday, August 15, 2014

RELIGON AND REASON - GORDON COLLEGE

At first I was ALL for breaking ties with GORDON COLLEGE, then I'veheard some heartfelt testimony about the value this partnership provides like this one:

David Riley I believe cutting ties with Gordon would be a mistake, as my son wrote above my other son does attend a program at Gordon which helps our cities Special needs children adjust from high school to being able to live more independently as a productive adult.Students from Gordon teach in Lynn public schools and also volunteer in the city.Everything I mentioned was about the students in our city Benefiting from a partnership with Gordon, not about the policy of the college,which has not changed since the city started this partnership

He makes some very good points. Right or wrong everybody is allowed to have an opinion. The way I understand it,so far GORDON COLLEGE has just asked for an exemption from the EXECUTIVE ORDER. Last I checked people in this country don't get punishedor penalized for asking questions. Shucks if that were so I would be writing to you from a jail cell. So when the order takes effect violations will be subject to the appropriate sanctions but not until. When and if they actually occur then there arelegal remedies. GORDON COLLEGE will have a choice to make about the cost of VALUES.

We do not have the right to hand out PREVENTATIVE PUNISHMENT and let's be REAL for a moment, GORDON COLLEGE
didn't come to this EPIPHANY overnight so aren't we being a little HYPOCRITICAL? I DEFINITELY do not AGREE with GORDON COLLEGE'S views BUT I do AGREE with their right to have it and the DUE PROCESS of our legal system.

No comments:

Post a Comment