Search This Blog

Sunday, August 17, 2014

AN END-AROUND THE PATRIOTS WOULD BE JEALOUS OF!

Recently the Lynn School Committee,I believe, unanimously approved a more representative framework for an interviewing committee for the selection of new principals. If  I am not mistaken, the make-up of this committee was originally put forth by DONNA COPPOLA,who just happened to be the leading popular vote-getter last election. For the life of me I can't remember who was LAST.

Well, it seemed to work well for the selection of the DREWICZ principal. People seem happy with the selection. At least comments and numbers on that post appear to reflect that. I know it is FOOTBALL season now but is CATHE trying to do and END-AROUND the previously passed policies?

I am talking about this touted TRANSITION TEAM who have been put in place from the outside to do an inside job on those people of the HIGHLANDS. Has there been an effort to reach out to the HIGHLANDS COALITION who have been an integral partner with the school, making it a school that is truly reflective of the community that it serves? Not to my knowledge and both my son an I sit on HICO'S board.

Instead they bring in outside mercenaries with questionable agendas undoubtedly soaking up CONSULTING FEES that could arguably be better spent in the classroom.

WHERE IS THIS MONEY COME FROM?

4 comments:

  1. Who on the Highlands Coalition is truly reflective of the Highlands today? Who are the parents on the board?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come to a meeting! I THINK I STUCK A NERVE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trying to get a meeting with the Team, but told they will notify us in a week. I wonder! The Highlands Coalition will have a general meeting in Sept.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a Ford School parent and have made it very clear that I want to be part of the process in the selection of a new principal. I would say that I am very reflective of the parents and of the neighborhood of the Highlands.

    ReplyDelete