I was contacted by someone who attended an IEP meeting with a parent who did not speak English. I was told LPS was sure to have their lawyer Jane Lavoie present, but they failed to have an interpreter present. When asked where the interpreter was, I was told LPS responded that the service must not have gotten their email. However, this person said the IEP invitation had the name of the interpreter listed on it. I forwarded the information to one of the attorney's for the OCR.
Like ·  · 2 hours ago · 
  • Stanley Wotring Did the IEP go forward? Should have never taken place until service could be provided.
  • Lori D'Amico No, the IEP did not because the mother had this person there with her. Who knows what would have happened if she did not have someone there on her behalf. I was also told this IEP meeting has not taken place since beginning of school year due to no interpreter.
  • Stanley Wotring