Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

MORE FOR THE MAYOR WHILE LESS FOR THE SCHOOL

Really the proposed pay raise for the Mayor is CHUMP change compared to the MUCH larger NET SCHOOL SPENDING shortfall that our MAYOR ultimately played a lead role in causing. I say this because it was her that PROPOSED the budget that was short.

So I am all for giving her a raise, I'll even lead a movement to raise funds. We'll call it:

CHANGE FOR A CHUMP

Now this comment was about something else but I think it is appropriate heree as well. I am not giving a name. I didn't ask. I just don't want to take credit for someone elses wisdom cause you people might get the idea that I am smarter than I am.

The school spending issue is one example - they printed quotes where some elected officials said 'oh we're not worried, our state delegation is working on some amendment...' except did the Item look into the amendment to see how viable it was and present the idea that it might not be an option? Nope and guess what? That amendment was left out of the compromise bill just submitted, so a $7 million loss in state aid is still on the table.... //end rant

It's not just, "What's in YOUR wallet?" but whose wallet are we talking about

No comments:

Post a Comment