Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

THE BEGINNINGS OF THE BUDGETARY BOMBSHELLS

This post comes from someone who went to that TEACHER'S ROUNDTABLE DISCUSSION at the Union Hall that I was not allowed to go to because....I'm not a teacher (see us POETS we don't have no special buildings and such). Anyway I had to go watch my son play baseball besides being a poet, a pain, and a person of interest in multiple ongoing investigations, I am also a parent.


Tax paying Lynners, all day kindergarten is being cut from our budget, Baker proposed it does this not bother you? I think about how Kindergarten is not mandatory and how 1st grade will turn into k/1st , I also learned that SEI rooms in our district being dismantled and English language learners are merged to regular classrooms ..but we are not hiring additional language support teachers so it falls on YOU teachers cause you don't have enough on your plate! My taxes are certainly not going down? I asked Fennell yesterday what collaborative solutions state can offer lynn and he said to ask my city officials ... Are you not a city official of Lynn? Pointing finger time... When this happens nothing gets resolved ..well I don't have to pay $5000 for my kid to be able to stay in day care all day cause my kids are teens ... I am paying for my kids not having books in their classes in public schools and are on binder systems ... I'm done with this rant but teachers are taking direct hits and I'm pretty sure it's against the federal mandate to do away with SEI classrooms ...Charlie Gallo Maria Carrasco Rick Starbard please put this SEI classroom dismantle on the agenda .. Ask your teachers they will tell you the global impacts on this in the future ...


Now haven't I been trying to warn you all about the massive devastation that's going to be wrought on our schools if we don't wake up?

Unfortunately the LSC can do little to affect the actual budget. They can not put money in that would be the MAYOR.

No comments:

Post a Comment