Search This Blog

Sunday, May 31, 2015

REPRESENTATIVE COSTS

I couldn't help noticing something on the back page of the LSC meeting agenda where the list LPS personnel moves. This page is always absent from the document shared on line. I've made numerous pleas for its inclusion but like many  of my public pleas, they have went unanswered.

Anyway back to what I noticed at the risk of offending a recent political friend, BRIAN LAPIERRE (who has conducted an extremely long and well organized campaign for one of the COUNCILOR-AT-LARGE), A SECOND PAID LEAVE OF ABSENCE (joining BRANDT DUNCAN) was granted to a TEACHER'S UNION official.

I am not going to PRETEND (surprised aren't you?) to know the difference between their JOB DESCRIPTIONS. I just find interesting.

DON'T WORRY, I AM SURE THIS DUPLICATION COUNTS TOWARD NET SCHOOL SPENDING.

4 comments:

  1. Stanley, in full disclosure I am on an UNPAID ie. (I do not count toward the NSS deficit at all) it is granted in accordance to the CBA so I can continue my work with the American Federation of Teachers Massachusetts. I must apply to be on leave from the district in May/June of each school year. It is of no cost to the city or LPS and I do not receive any benefits while on leave. I hope this helps to clarify your inquiry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, thank you for clearing that up! Maybe next time I should read a little closer. I just saw your name on the list and I thought, "There's a story there! It's a shame you don't count toward the deficit. We need all the help reducing it we can".

      Delete
  2. Don't worry Stan. The significant raises given to those who occupy office space on Bennett Street,including the new improved salary for the new deputy,will count toward net school spending,but it won't be enough. Lynn is doomed and will probably join the list of school districts taken over by the state and the list of cities who filed bankruptcy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, I'm afraid you might be RIGHT but you didn't hear that from me!

      Delete