Search This Blog

Monday, October 14, 2013

WOTRING ANSWERS IMPOSTER CHARGES

"Yes, it is true I have never taken an EDUCATION course while studying psychology, chemistry, and philosophy at WEST VIRGINIA WESLEYAN COLLEGE (GO BOBCATS). However I leaned a lot about learning when I had to relearn how to walk again. Luckily I didn't have to learn how to talk again, that came back to me all sudden-like after six weeks of silence. I even was granted a permanent slur."

WOTRING pointed to his limited teaching experience to show his understanding of some of the school dynamics. "I first taught at FARMDALE CHRISTIAN SCHOOL in LOUISVILLE, KY. It was a small, private NAZARENE school that seemed to be for kids who were kicked out of the public schools. Probably not really but there were some ROUGH characters. I taught MATH, SCIENCE, SPANISH (even though I don't speak it) and are you ready for this - girls eighth-grade phys. ed."

After a short lived career there, my next teaching stint was at the ELKINS MOUNTAIN SCHOOL, a residential juvenile treatment facility. "These were adolescent boys, 13-18, who had broken various laws and weren't fit for foster homes. I taught SCIENCE, worked in the LIBRARY, and  ENGLISH at different times. I stopped teaching after while teaching ENGLISH I had to break up a fight in class between two boys, one of whom was there for the murder of his aunt and another boy about my size."

Despite his public distaste for the legal profession, WOTRING proudly points to his imaginary, honorary law degree which had been bestowed through a battlefield promotion. "I've spent more time before judges than most young associates", WOTRING joked.

According to WOTRING, the MOST hurtful charge was the one involving my lack of poetic experience Although it is true that I lack formal training in poetic persuasion perhaps but I have written a couple books and I ran a workshop at the WEST VIRGINIA WRITERS CONFERENCE. And then there is the fact of  my coincidental relationship to two Oscar winning films, MY LEFT FOOT and THE POSTMAN but that;s a story for another day..

3 comments:

  1. You don't need an education class to be a school committee person, business experience helps and life experience is relevant of course . You do need a library degree to be a librarian however!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where this come from?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just trying to be fair, even if a little unbalanced.

    ReplyDelete