Search This Blog

Saturday, October 5, 2013

FOR THE LOVE OF LAWYERS

By now everyone has heard of PHELAN'S ill fated joy ride on a bus from FORD bound for points west. Again let me say TIM that was STUPID, you should have asked for permission, even PHELAN'S have to follow protocol. I have already told you this is a different world. Remember 9-11?

As opposed to 911 which is always manned by a DISPATCHER. (See the lengths I will go to to get a smooth transition.) Well bus companies also have DISPATCHERS. Well the one that was on duty and gave the okay to take TIM was punished for her transgression. I heard fired then I heard demoted or some sort of retraining.

Word has it, feeling bad for his temporary (I hope) in sanity MR. PHELAN worked out a PLEA DEAL in order that the DISPATCHER who clearly felt pressured to give permission due to the position he possessed.

Clearly the DISPATCHER made a mistake, reeducating (aren't the schools all about education?) but TIM made a BIGGER mistake.

HOWEVER.....

that was not the biggest mistake

or should I say rather miscalculation. You see, sorry TIM you just don't have that much  pull. Now if it would have been me, maybe I could have pulled it off. Well TIM I hear the DISPATCHER did get FIRED.

Somebody who apparently lacks a heart as well as hair pushed to have termination as the retribution. Vengeance is a dish sometimes served hot and this particular recipe calls for ground chuck. So a single parent parent with a special needs child soon will be joining me with nothing to do.

I only wish I could stand tall and put a name to a face but this darn ole scoliosis has me eye level with evil

7 comments:

  1. I heard the decision made was that the dispatcher was to be demoted from her position and was required to do some retraining, but that Charlie Gallo pursued the issue and demanded that she be terminated, and she was. So we have one elected official (Phelan) abusing his position by showing up unannounced and without permission and demanding to get on a school bus full of 5 year olds and another elected official (Gallo) who went out of his way to get a single mother fired from her job. Is there even a district policy anywhere that states the rules and procedures that must be followed regarding someone riding school buses? If not, can this woman be fired for her decision, and on what basis? It's too bad Charlie Gallo cannot be fired from his position.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Without question she can be fired but........if there is not a policy written down some where somebody will be paying --- us. Well you will acttually I'm too poor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a direct quote from Charlie Gallo:

    "Regarding the bus incident, I’ve heard that the individual was fired and also heard that the individual reassigned. I do not know which is true. In any case, shortly after learning about the incident, I wrote to raise a number of issues. Foremost was to ensure procedures are put in place and employees properly trained to ensure safety of children and staff on busses moving forward. An additional concern that I presented was whether a worker was wrongly fired or disciplined by the bus company. The employee should not be held responsible if there was no procedure in place to follow. So, no, not in any way responsible for a firing, if there was one."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, no, not in any way responsible for a firing, if there was one."

      SPOKEN LIKE A TRUE LAWYER, did not say there was NO firing!

      Delete
    2. Yes, but the woman being fired and Charlie actually pursuing it and demanding she be fired are two separate issues. Should she have been fired? I don't think so in this particular case. Has she actually been fired? Well that is the question of the day! According to Stacy Phelan, she has not. According to others, she has. Who really knows? Unless the dispatcher in question actually decides to publicly comment on this issue, all other remarks are just speculation and hearsay. I am still interested in finding out why Phelan wanted to ride the bus? What were his intentions and why didn't he notify Dr. Crane or Dr. Latham before hand? Stacy Phelan has commented about the incident, but has Tim? I think as City Council President he should.

      Delete
  4. Lori: Thank you for re-printing my words.

    Please allow me to assure all again that if there was a firing, I was not responsible for it. The chronology was that I was told on Wednesday afternoon that the bus company employee was terminated. Thursday morning, after the supposed firing happened, is when I took action. I wrote, as Lori re-printed, to raise concerns regarding (1) procedures for safety of children and staff on busses moving and (2) whether a worker was wrongly fired or disciplined by the bus company. Sometime thereafter, I was told that the bus company employee was not terminated.

    Stan: Please remember that if you get elected, you will have to work with others both on the school committee and the administration. I have heard you take shots regarding physical traits like hair - lack thereof in my case, or grayness in the case of others - as well as height (again, me) and weight. It does not bother me personally as I have thick skin, but I am proud to say that the current school committee members - even when we disagree - do not show one another such disrespect. Also, it sets a poor example for the children of the Lynn Public Schools.

    - Charlie Gallo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charlie,

      First let me thank you for responding publicly and clarifying your position. That is a responsible thing to do. As to whether I believe what you actually say, well that is another matter. I feel strongly in the truthfulness of my sources even though or maybe because they weren't lawyers.

      Charlie, Charlie, who are you to lecture me on setting an example. Really, seriously, do you have any idea what I have been through or what I have accomplished?

      As far as my sense of humor, I target myself as much as anyone. Nothing personal to anyone, I exaggerate for effect. That's what humor is about. As far as respect, my respect comes from results.

      Delete