Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

DEBATE DITTIES & DIVERSIONS




    Interesting Debate tonight put on by HIGHLANDS COALITION at the FORD SCHOOL. Some people told me I did well but I think they were just trying to be kind. I don't think I speak well. I don't get nervous or intimidated, I just have too many ideas coming in at one time and let's face it I sometimes it's hard to understand

    DONNA was spot on the questions. She successfully was able to frame her answers in such a way that was relevant to the audience. She was in control of the answers. MARIA successfully pointed out that JOHN FORD was not the leader on ESL that both he and CHARLIE claimed to be. The ESL program at LVTI was actually priced out of the people who need it most's range but thanks to THE NEW LYNN COALITION subsidy, the program was successful not because of anything MR. FORD did.

    Then there was MELISSA. She was WRONG again for the SECOND time. The successful night school program was NOT created with the proceeds from eliminating one teaching position.  I am NOT going to offer my opinion on the WISDOM of this idea.BUT what I will do is lay out the the facts here for you to form your own opinion.

    With class size being a concern with everyone, how would having one less teacher help reduce them. And I don't think the TEACHER'S UNION would be in agreement to such an arbitrary elimination of a position, The ESL portion of the night school I believe was paid for with TITLE 1 money and the GED classes was paid for through private money because DR. LATHAM felt GED classes were not an appropriate use of TITLE 1 money.

    LORRAINE seemed lost in GATELY'S WORLD. She seemed totally unprepared  for the questions. What makes this most troubling is that most of the questions were ones that  were already answered by federal and state regs.. How many years has she been teaching?

    3 comments:

    1. Stanley you finally have ablog that speaks the truth...I never thought I would say that!

      ReplyDelete
    2. I agree with what you said about Lorraine. She has not done great in any debate thus far. She answers every question by stating she was a middle school science teacher and admits she doesn't really know too much of anything else. Who cares if she was a middle school science teacher!! As a school member, one needs to be well versed in the education system as a whole. This is one of the issues facing our current committee. Too many clueless members. Despite this, the teacher's union has endorsed her. Most likely in hopes that she will somehow be of benefit to teachers by serving on the committee.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I think my Mom endorsed me but I don't wantto put words in her mouth!

        Delete