Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

LYNN PARENTS ORGANIZING FOR BETTER EDUCATION SHOULD BE PROUD

What a GREAT meeting tonight at the FORD SCHOOL! The LYNN PARENTS ORGANIZING FOR BETTER EDUCATION put on quite a show. Somewhere just under eighty people participated in the COMMUNITY FORUM.

Politicians were coming out of the woodwork. No less than FIVE LSC members were there, MARIA CARRASCO, PATTI CAPANO, RICK STARBARD, CHARLIE GALLO, and JOHN FORD. MARIA got a little testy when I joked about there being a quorum. She screamed no one sat together so nobody could do any business therefore no violation of no OPEN MEETING laws. Geez, I sure have away with women. I guess that explains my three divorces.

Hold on for a minute, I have to give JOHN FORD credit, he really showed fortitude (is that the right word?) to show himself at the school where he belittled the parents and bad mouthed the principal. MR. FORD, you got -----, well next time make sure the microphone is off. I saw him talking to DR. CRANE, I hope he was apologizing.

The LYNN CITY COUNCIL was represented by COUNCILORS-AT-LARGE HONG NET and DAN CAHILL. Former WARD 4 CANDIDATE CEF ROSA was joined by former 10TH DISTRICT CANDIDATE FOR STATE REPRESENTATIVE GARDY JEAN FRANSCOIS.

A lot of positive ideas were discussed about ways the parents can become involved and engaged in their child's education, This meeting was only a FIRST step and the nexy meeting is ALREADY set for 6 pm on 12-13-12 at 112 EXCHANGE STREET.

Let me say in closing the SPANISH translation was excellent tonight and LPS should use this guy.

4 comments:

  1. A lot of what I read about in the Item that they parents were asking for is stuff that is already available to them.... I know about it, how come they don't??????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uh? Library and gym space for all students is already available (because it's not at Sisson)? Class sizes under 29 or 30 is available for Cobbet or Brickett or Ford parents? Expanded busing for students already exists? Early notification for open houses? Where you at the meeting? If not you actually don't know what people were asking for...

      Delete
  2. The next meeting is Wednesday 12/12/12, not the 13th.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You, I knew that. I don't know why I wrote that.

      Delete