Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

POINTERS FROM A PROFITABLE PAC

For only the fourth time in the past two months I ventured outside. Four always seems to work for me but enough about my marriages, What I am really talking about is what an informational program I enjoyed at last night's PAC meeting. From what I've been told, it was also the most attended meeting in a while.

Although this PAC is aligned with the SPED department this presentation was perfect for ANY parent with a kid.The advice was applicable and appropriate to and for everyone. The presentation was entitled:

USING A POSITIVE, STRENGTH-BASED APPROACH FOR EFFECTIVE PARENTING

Being a "Half Full" versus "Half Empty" person, his words fell on receptive ears. The jokes, metaphors and plays on words made the poet in me perk up. His name was CHARLIE APPLESTEIN, MSW. CALLAHAN SCHOOL is fortunate enough to have him as a regular consultant.

He has written a book several years ago entitled, "THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A BAD KID"" I highly recommend checking him out.

charlieap@comcast.net
www.charliea.com

No comments:

Post a Comment