Search This Blog

Friday, June 10, 2011

I Wanted A Cigarette And I Don't Even Smoke!

I was having difficulty breathing at the LSC meeting last night, I don't know if it was the ninety plus heat or the tension in the room. Just like at the "State-of-the City" speech the mayor and I had an awkward exchange between us two. She was talking to me but not at me, Our previous experience told me everything I needed to know. The electricity in the air wasn't only from the lightning outside.

Finally the tension reached a climax, she could hold back no more. The mayor busted out telling everyone, "THE SCHOOL BUDGET WILL BE ON-LINE BEFORE IT IS APPROVED!"

She announced that this would be done to satisfy some member in the audience who had been asking  for this, a chance to comment while there was still a chance to affect the outcome. She never spoke my name but I don't think any of the other ten or so people in the crowd have a BLOG with over 35,000 hits. I don't know but I was tired after it was all done.

No comments:

Post a Comment