Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Dance The Day Away!

There is a slow movement afoot (pardon the pun but it is what I like to do) to incorporate dance into :meat and potatos' academics.

Students in a second grade class in Fort Garrison, IN used interpretative dance to illustrate the photosynthesis process. Putting on such a production stimulates the mind to develop both creativity and critical thinking, An added benefit that dance offers is it is a way to sneak a little physical activity into the curriculum.

Here is a wonderful article about ways different school systems are incorporating this most physical form of art into the classroom:

tp://www.edweek.org/ew/articles/2010/11/17/12dance_ep.h30.html?tkn=SVUFbR0K%2FiTQiw985P0DxNKS%2FjHq7rq%2F5dRN&cmp=clp-edweek    (you will have to cut and paste to your browser)

This I what I call Crea-ducation! Hey, I coined a new word, I think. Anyway I've never heard it before so until somebody tells me different, it is MY word!

No comments:

Post a Comment