Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The Cost Of Giving The Business

Back to some serious stuff. This morning was a lot calmer in Coach K's class. The kids weren't running around as much. But there were a couple of occasions they were racing through my library(it's not really mine but you know the deal).

Looks like a new teacher was hired and I'm sure some sense of stability helped. At what price? There is still 4 or 5 adults to 8 students(today less than that I think). Is there a plan? I don't really know anything but what I see.

Maybe whoever made the rash, irrational decision to fire Coach K was counting on the assistance from the magic of Harry Potter who's image is painted on the wall in the library. Is that person ready to take the fiscal responsibility for the additional personnel that decision necessitated? The money is the least part of the cost. Still, it's a part

3 comments:

  1. Seriously Stanley what is your disability?
    Your able to work it seems almost fulltime in a library. If you have a physical disability I know a man who is immobile in a wheel chair with severe MS who goes to work everyday to support his family in a call center. I also know a mentally retarded person who works at Market Basket. They are disabled and still work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Avery for your concern. Actually I only spend three hours a day in the library. I was working full time for the Dept. of Mental Retardation until March when my arthritis in my hips got too bad to do my job in direct care. I took a medical leave and had hip injections which helped my hips but caused my back to bee painful. It only hurt when I moved. All of this aggravated my scoliosis. Then on Labor Day I fell face first on a concrete sidewalk. Because of the MRI and CAT scans they discovered I had severe spinal stenosis. Also I was in an automobile accident in 1981 which left me comatose for eleven days after going over a fifty foot embankment. I graduated from college in 1985 and had worked up until this past March. Any more questions?

    ReplyDelete
  3. when is latham's time up? - rhetorical question

    ReplyDelete