Search This Blog

Thursday, March 31, 2016

HILL COUNTRY IS MY COUNTRY



I decided to go have coffee and lunch outside of my Boston Street office. I know it's a big deal for me to go to a place where coffee is more then a dollar and they don't offer FREE refills. I mean a poor, disabled poet's gotta live. Since I just got paid and I planned to secretly attend a public meeting at city hall on the PICKERING PROJECT I thought I would treat myself. I mean there is a heck of a backstory there at THE LAND OF A THOUSAND HILLS coffee shop.

I even talked to the manager about filming a little video for my blog. At first she said yeah but quickly backed away, saying "not today" and "really if you just told your friends it would help". Obviously she has never heard of or read my blog or she would know I don't have any friends. What I do have however is readers and some degree of influence.

The story of this place is very socially responsible and is very relevant to things going on at LPS. But I really don't have time to go into it now and hopefully she will rethink her position and we can do a video sooner rather than later telling the story.


Plus it is a beautiful place and I would love to use it as a backdrop for some future political interviews!




No comments:

Post a Comment