Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

DAN IS QUICK WITH DETAILS JUST MAYBE NOT ANSWERS


As you all know I wrote DAN CAHILL, my COUNCIL PRESIDENT this morning about my GAVE concerns regarding the funding and consequently spending DISCREPANCIES. I was away from my computer but he PROMPTLY gave me answers to my questions or at least what passed for them. You know, FOLLOW THAT COMPANY LINE. Here is what he said"

Stanley,

Thanks for the email.  I have a copy of the letter your forwarded me as it is a public document and therefore available for all to review.  There is pending legislation at the state level we are hopeful will remedy this situation.  The Mayor and State Delegation have met with DESE in attempting to find a resolution to this problem, with its origins dating back to 1994.  The Mayor, Council, and Delegation are all in support of this legislation and are advocating for its passage.  Lynn is not alone.  Other communities are facing the same exact issue and are also advocating for a fix at the state level.

Dan

Okay, fine BUT........

Let's look at what he said....

 it is a public document and therefore available for all to review

Really now, if I hadn;t put it out there  I wonder how many people would have had the chance to ACTUALLY eview it. You know, LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS. This why I received my mandate last election. My motto: BOMBS AWAY!

He says everybody is on board with finding a solution but as you read in the PENALTY LETTER, "THE BILLS, THEY COME DUE!"

We are supposed to find comfort in the fact they have been working on this problem fo TWENTY YEARS

attempting to find a resolution to this problem, with its origins dating back to 1994.

That doesn't give me a lot of confidence You would think they would have solved this problem BEFORE they asked the taxpayers to take on 92 MILLION DOLLARS in additional debt. That PENALTY LETTER sounded to me like they want their money and they are going to take it and its our HOPE that the legislature does something.

We are supposed to find solace in the fact we are not flying solo



Lynn is not alone.  Other communities are facing the same exact issue and are also advocating for a fix at the state level.

DANNY BOY, let me give you a quick lesson in POLITICS. If there are enough of them, then they are US. So far, it doesn't look too good. Not fo the past TWENTY YEARS or so. I know this is probably just BIG CITY politics and a country bumpkin like me just can't understand. Still though, you think maybe somenody could have done a better job explaining before our taxpayers were asked to pile another 92 MILLION  dollars in debt piled on to the 15 MILLION we already owe. This financial obligation didn't just sneak up on us!

2 comments:

  1. Stanley what's the big deal with his response it was a response & a legit one. You're lucky he responded to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't gt me wrong I am grateful and IMPRESSED by such a quick response! Of course, I would have rather had answers. Did you notice in the response NO WHERE did it address my MAIN concern that being the potential IMPACT on building a new MARSHALL. We only have so much money.

      As for who's lucky, that is up for debate. If I would have got a snub, well that would have called for a poem and you know a lot of things rhyme with both parts of his name

      Delete