Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Tech On Top

Along with a couple of people I did an unofficial inspection of the eight polling places in Lynn to determine their compliance with the ADA Standards for Polling Places. I have very little training and even less authority. Nonetheless I am disabled and a concerned  for polling citizen. For a checklist I downloaded a guide from a Department of Justice website.

Happily I can say that the polling place that appeared to me to be most in compliance was Lynn Vocational Tech. It was the only place where I actually saw the voting machine used for people with low visibility actually turned completely on. In fact they seemed to be the only place that was familiar with it.
To be completely fair, I admit I did not go inside the Community Hall on Church Street. I have to assume that were.

It just makes me glad to see one of our schools leading the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment