Search This Blog

Sunday, September 19, 2010

"In This Corner, We Have Weighing In At ......"

I don't know how accurate this is, so I welcome somebody correcting me. This could just be an exaggeration from my daughter. I sincerely hope it is. According to her there have been six fights already this year at Marshall Middle School. This is an unacceptable amount of violence. Who is in charge. Sounds like nobody The students must be confused when the bell rings. They don't know if it's the end of class or the end of the round.

4 comments:

  1. How can you send your child to school here? I would home school at that point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is my daughter's district school. I fought very hard to make sure my son who is autistic did not have to go there. The bigger question is why should ANY child have to go there? If home schooling was the answer then our schools would be empty. How would you like to teach in that enviroment, let alone learn? The answer has to be better leadership.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Milwaukee years ago had school choice and most of the schools were charter schools or they were alloted a certain $ amount per student that could be applied to private schools. It seemed to work. I'm not sure of the exacts.
    Lynn would benefit greatly from charter schools. The Unions are what hurts the schools. Merit on performance not tenure. On the flip side the values, parents and students of a large majority in Lynn make it almost impossible to do this. Where to start?
    Home schooling would not be for me or my children but many people do it. Being faced with poor school choice and no other option it would be the only path I would take. Its too bad more parents were not involved with the schools.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree a lot with what you say. I just don't think charter schools are the answer. Granted the unions are obstructive at times and charter schools provide an end around the obstruction but since we only have a fixed amount of dollars anything that drains away from that amount only helps insure we all fall short of the goal.

    ReplyDelete