Search This Blog

Thursday, September 30, 2010

A Call To Action At Tonight's LSC Meeting

I have cataract surgery today so I won't make tonight's meeting of the LSC so Hopefully someone else will raise the urgent problem about mold in the Ford School. After all the Lynn Department of Inspectional Services and the school department have been sitting on  the moldy classroom for a couplee of weeks.

I have heard stories of moldy flakes of ceiling tile falling in a teacher's bowl of soup and witnessed these same  moldy dandruff covering lunch tables. The problem of mold contamination leads to higher rates of asthma and tons of other health problems.

  • This is a critical problem that deserves everyone's full attention and immediate action.  No one's children are expendable,

2 comments:

  1. It's a shame that there isn't more of an outcry from parents on this issue. If I had kids, I'd insist on pulling them out of those classrooms, and would go so far as to get a doctor's note, visit the school myself..

    and as a teacher, I would get the union involved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There has not been an outcry because nobody knew until now. I just found out myself and obviously I have had medical issues lately. The school department and Lynn Inspectional Services Day before yesterday made the determination I think on the second day of school. I talked with the Mass Coalition for Health and Safety and they recommended all of what you say. I am on the case now.

    ReplyDelete