Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

IT WAS HARD TO SEE WITH ALL OF THE SMOKE IN THE ROOM!

WHERE WAS Everybody? Last night's budget meeting was very sparsely attended with more school officials than citizens.
 budget.

Before the meeting public citizens were allowed to offer their opinions for or against the proposed budget. No one spoke  in favor of next year's budget and only two spoke against it, Harry Harly and yours truly. Harry complained about the top heavyiness of all education budgets and the dire need for after school programs. Me, I questioned how anyone  could vote for a budget that did not provide for librarians. Also I made my pitch for expanding the Ford School by keeping the soon, very soon to be sixth graders there. This would be possible by transferring teachers already assigned at the Middle Schools that are allotted for these students and a combination of savings to the transportation budget from not having the expense of busing my son to Pickering and saving the cost of a one on one already budgeted for and provided by his IEP. Of course, Mr. Harly's and my injections were either ignored or never directly addressed.

All of this new foud monies that were recently left in our mailbox turned out to be little help at all. I have to go write now but I guarantee I will be writing more very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment