Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

HICO NO SHOW

When I  heard some one other than me was going to REPRESENT the HIGHLANDS COALITION on the interview panel for the NEW FORD principal.I admit I was more than a little offended. I mean I know that our group actually had the AUTHORITY to choose who would represent us on the panel. That was someone at LPS's call.

Just because I spent all those years on the SCHOOL IMPROVEMENT COUNCIL, I volunteered in the library, I have been a HICO board member since I helped write te articles of incorporation, and a long list of other things on my resume, why should I expect to be chosen?

Maybe HICO couldn't pick me buuuut they could have publically advocated for me and made their displeasure PUBLIC.

UNLESS....

THEY WEREN'T REALLY DISPLEASED.

You see lots of pople like to egg me on yet they develop balance problems when it comes to making waves. It's okay, I'm used to standing alone.

I couldn't stay mad too long though cause I just had to chuckle cause in the end the HIGHLANDS COALITION had no one representing them. Prepare to be marginalized.

ASSIMILATE TO ELIMINATE!

6 comments:

  1. I can't believe no one from Hico showed up for this of all things. Who else was on the committee? I don't understand why there are committee's in the hiring of principals because the super is the one who has the power to pick whoever she wants regardless of what the committee says or how they feel. This is how the district gets princiPALS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You bring up a GOOD point about the USELESSNESS of the committee when it comes to ACTUALLY hiring a princiPAL. What I want to know is WHO composes the questions?

      Delete
  2. Unfortunately the rep was not able to attend due to misinformation about the time. HICO was not allowed to make the choice. Had I known, I would have picked you. We need to have better communication. I am sorry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fully understand that THEY are the ones that have the FINAL say but you see the thing is you don't wait until they make the selection to find out whether or not you agree with it. Change comes best from PROACTIVE forces, not REACTIVE ones.

      As far as the miscommunication about the time, it was CLEARLY posted and from what I have been told was announced several times at school. Now if you talk about BAD timing, well that is another issue since kids were not allowed at the interviews and I am aware of the difficulties of child care.

      Delete
  3. Ok...so the highlands coalition gets a seat at the table then doesn't show up and still complains about how no one listens to them???? guys this is basic stuff can't you get out of your own way?? makes everybody who gets involved with hico look a fool.

    ReplyDelete