Search This Blog

Thursday, July 7, 2016

TODAY'S HISTORY MYSTERY

John Licorish’s legacy

JOHN LICORISH’S LEGACY

I would echo most of what the ITEM puts forth in this piece but I would be remiss if I didn't remind you of the FALSE pretenses put forth in his initial presentation to the school committee. If everyone remembers he was introduced to the LSC as being the first principal of the WASHINGTON INNOVATION STEM SCHOOL and even proclaimed the fact to the LSC that he thought WASHINGTON would be the first INNOVATION elementery school in the state.

After that meeting I went up and informed him of the error of his ways, that that distinction of being the first elementery INNOVATION school had already fallen to a former FORD SCHOOL vice principal who had taken over a school in REVERE. At the time I'm not sure he believed me but there is this wonderful invention called the Internet and I'm sure he quickly found evidence to corroberate my assertions.

However, the actual truth went a step further while innovative, the WASHINGTON STEM SCHOOL was NOT an INNOVATION school. At least not as put forth in the definition from the DESE and after many letters written by LORI, the label disappeared from all future references.

Since that time, JOHN has done well and will be sorely missed by his students and their parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment