Search This Blog

Friday, July 8, 2016

POT PLAN PUT FORTH PROBABLY CAPUT

JudithWEB

KENNEDY TAKING SHOT AT POT PLAN


As much as I like to disagree with the MAYOR, I think her reasoning is correct, "


The city charter dictates that the mayor determines where the city’s finances are directed. I will be more than happy to consult with the council on spending priorities, but I do not believe they have the ability to control incoming city funds.”

I believe the charter is crystal clear. The council will lose. If it succeeds in  overrideing the veto then it will lose in court or whatever venue such matters are decided.

At heart of the matter is that city council doesn't TRUST the MAYOR to not spend the pot proceeds fairly. On this I would agree but I also laugh and say you should have thought of that before you started slurping up all of the offered Kool-Aid. 

No comments:

Post a Comment