Search This Blog

Friday, April 15, 2016

PAYING PAUL WITH PROCEEDS THAT PETER WAS ALREADY DUE?

Not only am I not a lawyer, I AIN'T NO ACCOUNTANT (forensic or otherwise). Mind you I don't have any trouble balancing my checkbook since my account is always almost empty. Still I am a tad bit uncomfortable with the mixing of monies in regard to the whole NET SCHOOL SPENDING situation.

As part of the council approving $4.3 Mill a few weeks ago to help satisfy the NSS problem, there were two parts to the payment. See the MAYOR had previously promised to add about $1.7 million from the FREE CASH to meet this year's NSS requirements. This promise was made to help get the LPS budget passed for this year. True to her word the money was added.

Then you see there is this $2.3 Million payed out as part of a yet to be approved payment plan to satisfy an old debt of $17 Million which was reduced to $8.something Million. Do you still follow me? It's confusing I know and that's why I'm a poet. If you asked me (I really don't care whether you do or not) I think this money ought to be treated like money you find in the pockets of your dirty laundry. Yes, a gift of previously unbudgeted money.

Yet this mixing of money may have been what allows us to now make 100% of NSS by the MAYOR'S calculations.

No comments:

Post a Comment