Search This Blog

Thursday, November 12, 2015

A POLITICAL SMACKDOWN

Public Access TV


Stanley Wotring lynn.school.watch@gmail.com

10:02 AM (0 minutes ago)
to jcerullijohn.e.fordCharliedonnacoppolaMariapatti7761Ricklathamctom
I am troubled by the recent trouble surrounding "public access TV" and it's relationship.
 For one thing the broadcast of the LSC meetings has changed providers and I don't
 remember anything coming before the committee to discuss it. Given the scrutiny
 given the contract involving the re-broadcast of sports events, I believe a more public
 examinations of these seemingly unilateral secret dealings deserve to be disclosed.

Other important issues need to be discussed. How will this affect the placement of 
LTVI students in their co-op? Given one of the person's involved in the ongoing lawsuit 
and criminal investigation is a high-ranking LPS employee with access to confidential 
and sensitive material, how will this information be protected?

These are important questions and the matters too important for LPS to be victimized 
by petty political squabbles! I look forward to a response. Notice I did not say I expect 
one The citizens of Lynn deserve one though.

Sincerely,

Stan

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the contract is awarded by the Purchasing Agent/City Council along with all of the other things that are broadcast. So, the School Committee has no vote in this matter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may well be right. The School Committee actually has very limited authority over anything. Funny, I wonder if I'll get an answer from someebody not afraid to use their name?

      Delete