Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

PRIORITIES FOR PROGRESS

The Councilor-At-Large race is going to be TOUGH. There are 6 good candidates for 4 slots. Like I've said before I wouldn't want to predict how it will all shake out. His latest mailer is just another example of the textbook campaign BRIAN LAPIERRE is running.



His Herculean effort in this campaign has been to try an "connect" with voters, showing them their value. As I have also expressed before my concern for his campaign is that he will overwhelm and wear out his voters. In this dangerous election, dangerous because many BULLETS will be flying, it's all about who shows up.

My biggest fear for BRIAN is perhaps his greatest strength. Let's face it, a lot of his organizational and motivational skills have been honed in his leadership job in the TEACHERS UNION. Back in college in the early 80's my POLITICAL SCIENCE teacher used to call UNION ENDORSEMENTS, the " KISS OF DEATH". That was a different time and a different place but there is an underlying hostility toward unions and in particular TEACHERS UNIONS.

I hope BRIAN doesn't TAP into that because obviously I am for his emphasis on the importance of education but I will be scared until about 10 o'clock the night of NOV. 3RD.

2 comments:

  1. I have been told by people working on his campaign that he is relentless, tiresome and bothersome. He is wearing out voters. His own supporters are sick of hearing from him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh anonymous, please step out and identify yourself, it is clear to me at least that you don't know my supporters! #onward

    ReplyDelete