Search This Blog

Monday, September 28, 2015

WHITE AS ME

One of the SELLING POINTS promoted by the "TEAM" was that this new, "home grown" science curriculum was reflective of our students. Well except for the pic of the father and daughter fishing in the middle on the left hand side, featured in an EARTHS MATERIALS GRADE 2 slide, the rest of the people look as white as me.


Not to mention the fun factor. I am sure they are enjoying fishing but compared to the action shown in the others, it's like watching paint dry. With young minds we need to be conscious of the subliminal messages we send!
 Now I ain't no legal expert and heaven knows I am guilty of a lot of violations when it comes to this kind of stuff but then again I ain't being paid to exploit image of little kids.

Surely all the necessary and proper releases were signed and all these kids were payed to scale for their appearance in this production. Wouldn't want to violate any child labor laws. I hope none of them obtains an agent and wants a share of the undisclosed TOTAL amount this program cost!

2 comments: