Search This Blog

Friday, September 25, 2015

THIS WAS A CLASSICAL ACT




Thanks to the LYNN CLASSICAL ALUMNI ASSOCIATION and funeral home owner DAVID SOLIMINIE several (I think 27 but no one gave me a paper) friezes were rescued and restored and will be placed somewhere in the new CLASSICAL.

This breathtaking artwork is a reflection of the importance of history in our sense of space. Excuse me for waxing philosophically here but the passion displayed in this project is a testimony to its importance. Just the history of the restoration project is a tale worth telling involving mystery, water damage, and the basement of a funeral home.

The PRESIDENT OF THE LCHS ASSOCIATION joined MR. SOLIMINE in the presentation. I didn't have his name or see it on the agenda and I would like to give him a SHOUT OUT so if anyone wants to leave it in the comments we can see that he gets credit. Also I would like to thank DAVID and Principal CONSTANTINO for stopping i front of me and allowing me to get these shots!

No comments:

Post a Comment