Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

THERE IS A REASON HE IS ON "THE WATCH LIST".

HE ANSWERS MY LETTERS!

Dan Cahill

1:32 PM (30 minutes ago)
to me
Stan,

I believe all Chapter 70 funds the city receives from the state are derived from Lottery sales and must be used for school related expenses which constitutes the vast majority of funding for our school system.  Either the state's website and/or the Department of Secondary and Early Education's website. This is my understanding of things so please don't take it as gospel. I have been wrong in the past....up to this very minute of course.

Dan

4 comments:

  1. My understanding is that Chapter 70 aid and UGGA are two separate forms of local aid and that Lynn received 138,630,541 in Chapter 70 aid and 19,385,088 from UGGA. I thought Chapter 70 aid must be spent on specific educational needs, while UGGA funds can be used for general municipal expenditures and cities and towns can choose how they want to use them. Maybe I am wrong, but hopefully someone who does know more about the topic will join the conversation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do believe that was kind of what BETH was saying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I don't believe all Chapter 70 aid is derived from lottery sales because lottery aid is separate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My guess it goes into the general fund and gets eaten up by IN-KIND contributions anyway.

      Delete