Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

THANKS LORI FOR SAVING ME HAVING TO TYPE ALL THIS BECAUSE THAT IS ABOUT WHAT HAPPEN

    • Lori D'Amico I have not watched the video yet (assuming it is even available) but based on conversations I have had with others, this is my understanding of what happened: 1) The Mayor did not budge and is still appropriating the same inadequate figure she announced in July (which according to Kevin McHugh I believe was something like $15 million short) 2) The HOPE is that the DESE will approve a proposal put forth by the city where the city agrees to pay 100% of the NSS requirement EXCLUDING total penalty amount (although it is unclear when they will pay this). Then the city agrees to pay off the total penalty amount over a 4 year period by adding a portion (most likely 1/4) of the penalty amount to each year's NSS requirement with the promise that the city will meet 100% of the NSS requirement, INCLUDING the added on penalty amounts every year going forward. 3) There was no mention of a plan B if the DESE does not approve the proposal. 4) The amount of money the Mayor appropriated for FY16 was still short of the 100% of the requirement BEFORE penalty amount. In other words, the Mayor wants us all to believe that while she still is unable or unwilling to meet this year's NSS requirement without any penalties, she promises to meet (100%) the next 4 years requirement even with the additional MILLIONS added to each year's requirement. If any of this is wrong, please let me know. As I stated, I did not attend the meeting or watch the video of it. I am merely going by my interpretation of what others who did attend the meeting have said to me.

1 comment: