Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

THE DWINDLING DOLLARS OF DISTRUCTION

MCAS results


Stanley Wotring lynn.school.watch@gmail.com

10:26 AM (0 minutes ago)
to LATHAMCjcerulliDonnaCharliejohn.e.fordpatti7761Ricktom
Dear Dr. Latham,

Good morning! I am a little confused and I am writing this letter seeking some
clarification. There are reports of you justifying the destruction of the Ford School 
garden due to low MCAS scores while at the same time you cancelled the 
KnowAtom program which is a proven MCAS booster. What gives? Are you really 
concerned with MCAS scores or not?

Please explain to me how the presence of the garden was an actual distraction or
detriment to the student's achievement. From everything I heard, very little classroom 
time was spent outside anyway.

I would hope you would share how the demolition of tht garden and any planned
renovation of the space is actually going to lead to improvements in student 
achievement. Otherwise, I may seek an investigation for misappropriation of funds!

Sincerely,
Stan

No comments:

Post a Comment