Search This Blog

Friday, January 16, 2015

TIMING IS EVERYTHING

Last night LPS accepted the donation of generous packages of meat products from OLD NEIGHBORHOOD to every student and staff member of FORD,  HARRINGTON, CONNERY, and KIPP schools. A thank-you letter was ordered to be written as it should be. It is important to  be grateful, if not timely. The last donation was given right before THANKSGIVING I believe.

The reason the WORD "last" becomes significant is that they have done this for a number of years and I don't remember similar expressions of gratitude. I know about four years ago I wanted to publicize this GENEROSITY in the pages of the WATCH. I even communicated with the PUBLIC RELATIONS person at OLD NEIGHBORHOOD via e-mail. What I was told was that the president of OLD NEIGHBORHOOD preferred to remain anonymous because he felt that to do otherwise detracted from the sincerity of the act.

Believe it or not, I kept quiet out of respect for his wishes. Now that begs the question why this sudden change of behavior. The GENEROSITY of the act is unquestionable and  deserving of attention. My only questions concern timing and LPS's intent.

No comments:

Post a Comment