Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

SUPERINTENDENDENT SHAKEUP SUDDENLY SEEMS SENSIBLE?

No one has ever accused me of taking it easy on this administration. But even I have to admit DR. LATHAM has had some pretty impressive accomplishments by the way the previous way the past state administration kept score.

However now there is a different team and perhaps a little different game. There has been some scuttlebutt before that DR. LATHAM would want another 3 year extension to her contract as SUPERINTENDENT. The prevailing wisdom is that she would want to hang around to see the completion of the new MARSHALL maybe even dedicating the WOTRING WING (I don't give up easily). Even though I have heard concerns about her AGE (not one for me) and I as expected disagree philosophically, reallistically I don't see much resistance to her RENEWAL.

HOWEVER one does have wonder how well she and some of the LSCmembers will play with the NEW band of others. I mean the LSC is on record of NOT supporting the expansionof CHARTER SCHOOLS and by looks of GOVERNOR BAKER'S appointment of a new SECRETARY OF EDUCATION it looks like that is EXACTLY  what is going to happen.

Faced with a FRIGHTENING DEFECIT, state belt-tightening may just put a stranglehold on public education. Can you say "OUTSOURCE"? The question that DR. LATHAM will have to ask herself is "Are you sure you want to sign-up for this?". The question for the LSC now becomes "Is she really capable now of adjusting to this new educational enviroment?".

No comments:

Post a Comment