Search This Blog

Monday, November 28, 2011

REWARDED FOR PROMOTING GOOD BITING?

Being from West "By God" Virginia my late grandfather taught me a thing or two about trading ponies, "Always check their teeth". When I was five years old he gave me my first pony. A beautiful black mare, a little boys dream. Well you know in dreams, things aren't always the same as you remember.

In reality, "Midnight" was probably rescued from the glue factory and she was so"poor" the running joke was that she used to have to lean up against a tree to stand up. Sometimes she had a hitch in her gait. This somewhat crippled pony would foreshadow a somewhat crippled master. Still I was proud and happy with this gift from my grandfather. He didn't actually buy it for me, I mean he didn't pay cash., seems he traded a Barlow pocket knife. To me, he had done some fancy horse trading.

Things may be a lot busier up here but it seems like a lot of people up here take that advice. In fact, there seemed to be a real interest in the teeth of the students at FORD ELEMENTARY SCHOOL. Thanks to a program by FORSYTHE DENTAL, all of the students were given a free dental exam. Not that anybody is advocating "TRADING OFF" any kids but a good dental exam heads off other proms, both health and non-health.

Representative BOB FENNELL spearheaded this program. At FORD  today he was given an award  at the school, a "GOLDEN TOOTHBRUSH". I guess we all need a hero, an "ORAL HYGIENE HERO".  DR CRANE and DR LATHAM was on hand for the presentation of the plaque. No pocket knife was needed for this trade, just a little dental floss.

No comments:

Post a Comment