Search This Blog

Friday, November 11, 2011

LPS TO GET NEW TECHNOLOGY

Because of my involvement with the Lynn Disability Commission, I was waiting for the ITEM to break the story. I can't wait any longer.

At the second LYNN DISABILITY COMMISSION meeting, it was brought5t before the commission that LPS did not have TTY capability for deaf callers at the Parent Information Center. This is the initial and therefore most crucial point of access for parents with LPS. Twenty-one years after the passage of the ADA, it was time for LPS to recognize the civil rights of ALL our citizens.

So LDC member, NICOLAS CAPANO took the initiative and drafted a letter to DR. LATHAM requesting that LPS rectify the situation. She graciously agreed to do so.

We had a little formal ceremony where NICK presented DR. LATHAM with the letter. Head of the Parent Information Center, Dave Hegan joined me in the background. The ITEM was supposed to come but they didn't so NICK'S mother who happens to be LSC member PATTI CAPANO took pictures and sent them to the paper but they haven't made it in yet. Anyone could send me a copy and I will put it up.

2 comments: