Search This Blog

Monday, November 15, 2010

If You Can't Stand The Heat

Help me out here. Maybe I am not thinking too clear because I spent a couple hours in a sweat box that used  to be the Ford School library. Being a volunteer, I am not privy to the operations manual, but I do hear things in the hall in between gasps for breaths.

Coming to my rescue was a teacher who turned on a big fan,one of those big tall ones like they have in old hospitals. This was after the janitor opened up the windows. One of the things I heard was it was 110 degrees. I am sure it wasn't that hot but thee heat probably made them hallucinate too.

For some reason they are having trouble regulating the heat and don't seem to have ready access to the thermostat. Like I said, I don't have all the details but with the growing cost of heat and the shrinking budget, someone should.

4 comments:

  1. nasty nasty letter by Margarete Puleo in the paper today. I don't know whats hotter, the Ford school heat or her temper. wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read the letter. She unwittingly gives the main reason for the rats. There used to be a dump there, Duh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never known a public building where they're facilities staff have been able to run heating/cooling properly. But, I don't think it's the facilities crews that are to blame, necessarily. Training? Schools and municipalities ripped off by HVAC companies? I don't know, but I deal with horrible HVAC issues nearly every day where I teach.. and the system is very noisy.. in a relatively NEW SCHOOL.

    Private buildings, on the other hand, seem to manage. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. their, not they're (I type faster than I can think)

    ReplyDelete