Search This Blog

Saturday, November 20, 2010

A Classic Strategy For The Rams

I want to take a break a minute from all the rat, garden, and parking chatter to talk about something else. Something that kind of slid under the radar at the LSC meeting. That something was about the continuing of the accreditation of Classical High School by the NEASC.

Am I missing something or is this a big deal? If I understand this problem correctly, a future graduating class may receive somewhat worthless diplomas. Dr. Latham declined to go into further specifics, preferring to wait to hear more about what they are going to demand we comply with. She said she hoped they would be understanding since things are tight fiscally.

Tight, whoa! What happened to all the grant money? I know that there are strings to all that "free" money but now we are all tied up with the bonds of ignorance. Anyway, it seems to me that the strategy is to do bad so we can get more grant money.

Someone please educate me on this.

4 comments:

  1. Grant money was blessed upon Highland to KIPP.

    Nothing ever changes with Classical. Back when I was in High School, Classical had the same problem. On the other hand, the grading scale gave some students with B's & A's bragging power. (was it hard to get good grades ?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, Katerina but it's not all about KIPP. They got about a million from the state after the budget was passed. There is about a million a year for four years from "The Race To The Top" money. There are two Turnaround plan for the Level IV schools but that wouldn't account for all that money. Money is flowing into the schools from so many places, nobody has time to keep track

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katerina, looking back at my comment I see I wasn't as clear as I should have been. I was talking about two million dollars that was awarded to LPS after the budget had been passed. I am wondering where is that money now? We still have overcrowded classrooms, closed libraries, and a host of other probems.

    ReplyDelete