Search This Blog

Thursday, August 5, 2010

An Open Letter To Dr. Latham:

Dear Dr. Latham,



After witnessing yours and the other members of the Lynn School Committee express their desire that proper protocol be followed before starting any school improvement project, I thought I would expree my ideas to you and the appropriate people first. In order to void beingwhat JSC member John Ford termed a “wildcat operation” I am putting forth the following proposal.



I was discussing with my wife, Doreen how the International Garden at Ford School looks more like a 4-H project rather than reflecting any multicultural authenticity. She suggested a marvelous and extremely low budget remedy. The idea was to have the students paint different countries just below the windows on that side of the building. This would build the student’s self-esteem and pride in perhaps their own authenticity while giving the building a more balance given the beautiful student painted mural on the other side of the building.



The students at Lynn Tech could help with any design issues allowing an opportunity for outside work that LSC member Rick Starrbard wants. I think this is a win-win proposal and look forward to your answer.



Sincerely,

Stanley H. Wotring, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment