Search This Blog

Monday, August 16, 2010

Librarians To Lead The Turn Around At Our Failing Schools!

Rumor has it that funding has magically appeared to allow reinstatement of the librarians at our Level 4 schools. Evidently someone believes that they must be important to the educational progress of these under performing schools. I guess we have to wait until our other schools fail before we can have librarians in the other five libraries in the city schools. Where does our educational wisdom and leadership come from?

I would hazard a guess that the money came from a Turn Around grant similar to the one mentioned in the Boston Globe where 12 under performing schools shared 27 million dollars. I can not confirm my suspicions absolutely since Dr. Latham does not chat with me over coffee about the school system's fiscal dilemma and proposed solutions. Rest assured I will be at the upcoming meetings seeking answers.

There is a sub-committee meeting on Aug. 19th and a public hearing on the proposed budget for the 2010-2011 school year will be held at 7 pm at Breed Middle School on August 31st. I hope to see everyone there.

No comments:

Post a Comment