Search This Blog

Monday, December 14, 2015

SEEING WHAT YOU SAY

One thing I noticed at last Thursday's LSC meeting was that the MAYOR recused herself from voting on adding the Open-Mic portion of the meeting to the LCTV broadcast of the LSC meetings because she is signing contracts serving as the fiscal agent or whatever to the NEW corporation that is currently in litigation over the takeover of LynnCAM.

Funny she was concerned about conflict of interest and the appearance of impropriety on this matterr yet I don't remember any such similar concern when the vote to allow LCTV to take up residence in a small room at the LYNN TECH ANNEX on Commercial Street. Not really a big deal, it's just the lack of consistency does make one wonder about the sincerity over the MAYOR'S dealings here.

As I'm sure you know the old LynnCAM people have been bending my ear with their side of the story. I am somewhat empathetic with their position because I just don;t like the coziness of city government with this new broadcast corporation. That being said I am somewhat less confident about their legal condition. On more than one occasion I have heard predictions of other shoes dropping providing a change to the game. Here's where my confidence weakens. You see given my vast but narrowly focused experience with the courts, I really don't look for a big gotcha document existing that the other side doesn't know about. At least if there is, in order for it to be used the other side has to be made aware of it beforehand. There is a little thing called DISCOVERY and RULES OF EVIDENCE.

I am not saying there definitely isn't something out there but out is where it will stay if it is not properly introduced. That is how people get away with doing wrong while looking right.

Before the last LSC meeting I got to speak with SEAN DONAHUE of the new LCTV. Since TRIPPY is in TV MEDIA at TECH I was concerned about the internships and CO-OP'S being continued at LCTV. He assured me that LCTV has plans of not only continuing them but developing other programs where they could work with LPS. Good, let's see. You know,

ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS!

No comments:

Post a Comment